Every month AI For Education analyze 30 – 50 new artificial intelligence and machine learning startups, recent investments and M&A deals in the edtech field.
We are also adding a list of interesting and inspiring articles that will give you insights and keep you informed about recent trends in education market. Enjoy your reading!
Investments and M&A:
1. Canada puts £500 million into ‘innovation superclusters’ (Times Higher Education)
2. Edtech business looks to raise €5m in IPO (Independent)
3. NYU Social Entrepreneurship Program Launches $1.5 Million Competition to Support the Use of AI/ML/xR Technologies in Higher Education (NYU)
4. ELSA raises $3.2M for its A.I.-powered English pronunciation assistant (Techcrunch)
5. Ponddy Education Raises $6M to Develop AI-Based Language Learning Platform (Ed Surge)
6. No Kidding: This Pre-Revenue Edtech Startup Just Raised $15M in Series B Funding (Ed Surge)
7. 17ZUOYE Raises US$250 Million to Consolidate K-12 Edtech Market Leader Position in China (PR Newswire)
8. Hive Learning raises £3.5m to develop AI technology (UK Tech)
9. CLIx project receives UNESCO award (MIT News)
10. Egyptian e-learning platform raises over $800,000 from UK and US angel investors (Wamda)
11. The Newest U.S. Education Technology Venture Fund? Look to Japan (Ed Surge)
12. Education Catalyst Fund invests more in ed-tech startup Buddy4Study (VC Circle)
13. K-12 Dealmaking: Kidaptive Raises $19.1M; Chalkup Joins Microsoft Education (Edweek)
14. Overfunding: Education Tech TeachPitch Returns to Crowdcube & Quickly Secures £300,000 Funding Target (Crowdfund Insider)
15. Content agency The Pulse receives $560,000 government commercialisation grant for VR education platform (Smart Company)
1. Tencent’s Charles Chen: “Education must embrace technology” (The City Paper)
2. Pensacola entrepreneur dreams of teaching AI, robotics and innovation (Pensacola News Journal)
3. Digital transformation for public education (Manila Standard)
4. UA Conference emphasises higher ed’s role in future of work (The Pie News)
5. Smart Glasses Find New Use in Special Education Technology (Ed Tech Times)
6. WMU Opens New Virtual Reality Lab (WMU)
7. Vets ask council for $500,000 for education center (The News Courier)
8. A Year of Disruption? 7 Education Trends for 2018 (Observer)
1. Immersive VR Education – startup’s vision for the future is to see virtual reality become a staple tool for education, and we will strive to produce quality experiences that demonstrate this. Since opening doors in October 2014 Immersive VR Education have moved in leaps and bounds, releasing a range of educational experiences and winning five International awards for Apollo 11 VR.
2. ELSA – English Language Speech Assistant, a mobile application for pronunciation training and accent reduction using speech recognition. ELSA strives to improve your English pronunciation! Pronunciation is so important for learning English.
3. Ponddy Education – create and commercialize the most effective life-long learning solutions, integrating machine learning technologies with exciting self-learning materials and live teachers, individually personalized for various age groups and professions across the globe.
4. Kiddom – Kiddom, the developer behind a K-12 content management and collaborative learning platform, has raised $15 million in a Series B round led by Owl Ventures. Khosla Ventures also chipped in to the round. With this latest cash infusion, the San Francisco-based startup has now raised $21.5 million.
5. Hive Learning – the collaborative learning app for leaders, teams and organisations. They help groups of people all over the world improve together every day, by turning learning into habit. Hive Learning’s Executive team welcomed the highly acclaimed expert on the science of high performance, Matthew Syed. Matthew has worked with some of the world’s leading organisations to build a mindset of continuous improvement and behaviour change.
6. CENTURY Tech – the platform allows learners to be more efficient and effective with their learning, via our unique learning recommendations generated for each individual. We use artificial intelligence, pedagogy and cognitive neuroscience to provide this personalisation to learners.
7. 360AI – 360AI provides solutions to educational providers, such as educational publishers, content creators or institutions, among others, that need to manage large amounts of learning content and make it suitable for 21st century learning. 360AI provides Artificial Intelligence building blocks delivered as APIs, aimed at accelerating the development of innovative teaching and learning products.
8. Explore Interactive – a Purdue University-affiliated startup, is ready to launch a platform that allows children to use augmented reality via mobile devices to learn about science, technology, engineering and mathematics while having hands-on fun.
We hope this digest of M&A deals, news stories and startups was useful for you.
Author: AI For Education
If you like our digest of the most interesting education startups, deals and articles, please subscribe to our monthly newsletter: