Every month AI For Education is monitoring dozens of interesting ideas, articles, new startups and mergers and acquisitions in education field.
We are also adding a list of interesting and inspiring articles that will give you insights and keep you informed about recent trends in education market. Enjoy your reading!
Investments and M&A:
1. Edtech Startup IMAX Program Raises $13.5M From MSDF, LGT Impact and Aspada (PR Newswire)
2. Edtech Startup CollegeDekho Raises $2 Mn Funding From GirnarSoft, Others (Inc 42)
3. Quizlet raises $20 million for AI-powered tutoring software (VentureBeat)
4. Packback raises $4.2M Series A after doubling down on student engagement (Built In Chicago)
5. Canada puts £500 million into ‘innovation superclusters’ (Times Higher Education)
6. Content agency The Pulse receives $560,000 government commercialisation grant for VR education platform (Smart Company)
7. Overfunding: Education Tech TeachPitch Returns to Crowdcube & Quickly Secures £300,000 Funding Target (Crowdfund Insider)
8. K-12 Dealmaking: Kidaptive Raises $19.1M; Chalkup Joins Microsoft Education (Edweek Market Brief)
9. IIIT Seed Fund invests in learning app Scholr (Telanga Today)
10. Full Sail University Inks Licensing Deal With Doghead Simulations to Launch Virtual Reality Software Into Classroom Environments and Online Platforms University Wide (PrWeb)
11. Woongjin Thinkbig invests US$5m in US education startup(The Investor)
12. Cognizant to Invest $100 Million in U.S. Technology Education (Business Insider)
13. Global Ed Tech Investment Soars to Record $9.5 Billion (The Journal)
14. Edtech Startup GreyAtom Raises $1 Mn Funding From Pravega Ventures (Inc 42)
1. Google it: Armijo High students experience augmented reality (Daily Republic)
2. ‘Not your father’s education’ — how digital innovation is changing Penn State (Centre Daily)
3. Smart Glasses Find New Use in Special Education Technology (Edtech Times)
4. Augmented reality’s world of possibilities for schools (Education HQ)
5. LG V30S ThinQ features hardware upgrades, Vision AI, and Voice AI (Venture Beat)
6. Mixed Reality Bridges Gap Between Aircraft And Classroom (VR Focus)
7. Landmark College students create virtual reality game for statistics (Education Dive)
8. Virtual Reality for Learning Raises High Hopes and Serious Concerns (Edweek)
9. First-of-its-kind Innovation Hub opens in Abu Dhabi (Khaleej Times)
10. Virtual Reality in Education: How VR can be Beneficial to the Classroom (Edtech Times)
11. Digital Transformation in Asia’s education (The Daily Star)
12. Education catapult: the importance of new technologies (Cambridge Network)
13. Lenovo Makes Major Push Into Education Market (VR World)
14. Philosopher: more thinking required on role of AI in education (Times Higher Education)
15. HappyNumbers uses AI to augment math teachers, not replace them (Venture Beat)
16. Microsoft Makes Mixed Reality Part Of Education Program (VR Focus)
1. Braincore. In 2007, Brain Core was founded in order to affirm commitment throughout establishments of any size, with a single aim in mind: placing the individual at the very core of management so that he may discover an enriching seedbed that fosters his development, catalyzes skill development and that he may, in turn, strengthen the competitiveness of the establishment.
2. Science Canvas. ScienceCanvas envisions every kid to be able to portray their scientific skills via more of practical learning approach. When young kids are exposed to modern science technologies at an early stage, it will help them in career.
3. Dexter. The uncomfortable fact is that schools are educating children with outdated skills and modes of thinking. From programming to computer aided design, most children complete their formal K-12 education with huge gaps in knowledge that render them unprepared to thrive in the modern economy. Our mission is to solve this problem of modern day literacy. Each course is taught by an actual engineer or scientist and centers on project based learning. It’s less of a class and more of an experience – it’s how education in the 21st century should be.
4. Quizlet. Quizlet is a consumer learning platform. Quizlet’s mission is to build great learning tools for every student on the planet. Originally created by high school sophomore Andrew Sutherland to study high school French vocabulary. Over 20 million unique visitors per month, from grade school to grad school, study a wide range of subjects using Quizlet’s web and mobile learning tools and games.
5. AstrumU. A Machine Learning company focused on quantifying the value of Higher Education. AstrumU’s purpose is to help students find meaningful careers in which they can excel. They’re doing this through leveraging machine learning to drive transparency and efficiencies into the marketplace for the benefit of students, universities and companies.
6. ODEM.IO. ODEM.IO is creating the first of its kind global, decentralized education market place and platform to deliver complete end-to-end custom education programs and experiences. On the ODEM platform, anyone can list, discover, and book unique education experiences around the world.
We hope this digest of M&A deals, news stories and startups was useful for you.
Author: AI For Education
If you like our digest of the most interesting education startups, deals and articles, please subscribe to our monthly newsletter: