Every month AI For Education keep an eye on new education artificial intelligence, machine learning and augmented reality startups, recent investments and M&A deals.
We are also adding a list of interesting and inspiring articles that will give you insights and keep you informed about recent trends in education market. Enjoy your reading!
Investments and M&A:
1. VR startup Simulanis raises $500K in pre-Series A round (VC Circle)
2. BRSF invests in Magpie Education (PE Hub Network)
3. $30M Record-Breaking Investment In The Danish Educational Technology Company Area9 Lyceum (PR Newswire)
1. The Global Search for Education: AI, Algorithms and What We Should All Be Thinking About (Huffington Post)
2. Virtual reality brings mental illness into focus (Radio NZ)
3. 5 Ways AI will Make the Education Sector Smarter (Access AI)
4. Education programs receive $14K in grants (Bristol Observer)
5. Not Much New in EdTech in 2017; 3 Things Could Change That in 2018 (Edweek)
6. Virtual Reality could be the path to reduce the number of traffic crashes involving international drivers (Cairns Post)
7. How AI Impacts Education (Forbes)
8. Russia to create a digital platform for ‘the university of the future’ (EurekAlert)
9. Innovative Startups Will Compete in the 2018 Future of Education Technology Conference Pitchfest (EIN News)
10. UAE Ministry of Education to Launch Science, Technology and Innovation Festival 2018 (Albawaba)
1. Vän Robotics – Vän Robotics develops robots that teach curriculum-aligned academic lessons while collecting individualized data about each user and leveraging machine learning techniques to create smart, social robot tutors. We track performance, attention and stress state in real-time to adapt how the robot teaches and to personalize each interaction. We also leverage data collected from other students to train machine learning models which we use to inform how to improve the performance of students who may be struggling. Our robots deliver lessons that have been field-tested and validated, while bringing a hard focus on kid appeal.
2. 360AI – 360AI provides solutions to educational providers, such as educational publishers, content creators or institutions, among others, that need to manage large amounts of learning content and make it suitable for 21st century learning. 360AI provides Artificial Intelligence building blocks delivered as APIs, aimed at accelerating the development of innovative teaching and learning products.
3. Jenyai – Personalization in education is rare and expensive. Tutors are not affordable, teachers don’t have time neither do parent: This lead to massive scholar failure. To solve this issue we decided to build Jenyai an intelligent and highly personalized private tutor. Driven by AI, it is students’ assistant and friend. Jenyai answers their questions and provide them with the right personalized content at the right moment (videos, cards, exercises…).
4. NuMoola – NuMoola is a kid-focused mobile platform that allows a kid to interact with their own money configured by parental settings. They can manage their chores, get paid for completing them, save for a big goal, like buying an XBox, get birthday gifts from grandma and grandpa or aunt and uncles in a streamlined way. They will be able to engage in the gaming aspect to learn more about financial principles and unlock new levels through offline engagement like chores or reaching a specific savings level. We envision building in Augmented Reality features to further connect online and offline worlds. NuMoola will be the primary tool to understand their financial portfolio and learn how best to manage their money both now and in the future.
5. BehaviorMe – BehaviorMe uses evidence based teaching methods that are implemented in applied behavior analysis therapy and in real life to imprint skill sets. Using virtual reality as a tool, BehaviorMe software helps behavioral therapists teach basic life skills to individuals with autism and developmental disabilities at an increased rate. Skills like crossing the street to exiting during a fire drill are thought multiple times during a single session.
We hope this digest of M&A deals, news stories and startups was useful for you.
Author: AI For Education
If you like our digest of the most interesting education startups, deals and articles, please subscribe to our monthly newsletter: